Sunday, July 22, 2012

Just breathe....

Okay moms, I know you have all been there at one point or another. You know, the moment where you realize you are in a bad mood and you are trying your best not to take it out on the kids. well, it never fails that in that moment, they do something like this..... Our Friday started out like most others, a trip to the YMCA in the morning and then back home to get ready for lunch. Normally, I leave the boys upstairs while I get lunch ready. this has to happen because as soon as they see the food come out of the fridge, they FREAK out, as in I can't calm them down enough to get lunch actually fixed. Well, I am making lunch and I hear this noise coming from upstairs. It sounds like a plastic bag rustling and crinkling. Since I don't keep plastic anywhere the boys can get to it, I am trying to figure this one out. So I come up the stairs and find.....something that I should have taken a picture of but couldn't make myself do it. I see Anthony with the bag from the brand new BJs-size bag of Cheerios and he is shaking it madly and just cackling. There are literally Cheerios about 1 inch deep spanning a space about 2 feet by 6 feet on the floor. It is all I can do to not kill someone. Remember, I am already in a bad mood and working hard to be extra cautious with my temper. Chase, in all his innocence, looks at me and says, "I wasn't sure what to do Mommy." With that, I tell him it is okay and go for the triplets, who by the way are now stomping on the Cheerios like Lucy in the grape smashing episode of "I Love Lucy". I literally start grabbing babies and tossing them into the dog crate. And when I say tossing, I literally mean tossing. It is a good thing there is a nice cushy pillow in it. As I lock the doors on the crate they all start wailing. So what do I do? Grab a handful of said Cheerios and toss them in the with boys. Chase offers to help me clean up, which means he moves to the middle of the mess to start collecting Cheerios, which also means that he is crushing them as he does so. I very calmly ask him to move outside the mess and show him how I am going to gather the Cheerios. He does so and proceeds to help me clean them up. In the end, I didn't lose my temper or scream and yell like I wanted. I just cleaned up the mess and went about the rest of my day. Oh, but I didn't take a picture. I'm still not sure I am ready to see all the humor in the event!

No comments: