Friday, July 11, 2008

7/11 - 6:30 pm -Baby is almost here!

So, we're in the hospital now. Melissa's water broke around 2 pm. She called me around 3:15 (I was in class). She called the doctor and called me back. The doctor said to come on in to the hospital. By the time I got home and we got here, it was around 5:15 pm.

They confirmed her water break and said that we were here to stay. After a few phone calls (I made them, Melissa stayed put), we got all checked into the room (Room 232 at Rex Birthing Center).

Melissa still wasn't having contractions, so they've started the poticin to induce contractions (as of now, she's starting to have some mild ones. They say 12-24 hours after the poticin starts, but as Daryl told me, it's out of our control and up to the kid from here on!

I will try to update every few hours, so long as Melissa doesn't kill me!

No comments: