Saturday, July 12, 2008

7/12 - 2:00 am Update

We both had little naps in the past hour. I think mine was better than hers because Melissa says that I was snoring. The baby's heart beat slowed a little and got a bit sporadic, so they came back in a checked her again. It scared me a little, but they assured us that it was somewhat expected. It's because the baby is starting to come down and rotating a bit. She's 6 cm dilated. After they checked her, the baby's heart beat settled down and returned to normal, so no worries.
Heart beat holding steady at 150 BPM for those who believe in the old wives tales - although I can't remember whether that is supposed to mean boy or girl.
This whole experience is so surreal. At times it seems to be flying by, but I'm also really able to take it all in and really appreciate what's happening...absolutely amazing.

No comments: