Wednesday, July 16, 2008

7/16 - Day 5

Last night was a rough night. That makes two nights in a row. Chase likes to cry from 4 am - 6 am for no apparent reason at all. Of course, by 4 am, Melissa is exhausted from feeding him and being up with him, so I get up to deal with him from 4:00 - 6:00. I love the little guy, but I'm not very fond of his schedule right now! :)

Melissa's parents left this morning, so now we're officially on our own. Jenn Mountjoy, one of Melissa's friends from Savannah, was in town for business and stopped by last night for dinner.
That is Jenn holding Chase!

It was good to see Jenn and the timing worked out great.

We've been talking to Popi and Nana and Marc & Sabrina on Skype a lot. They all think that Chase does nothing but sleep. I keep telling them that when he's screaming and crying wanted to eat or with a poppy diaper, it's not that easy for me to dial them up on Skype and have a conversation. The only time that I can Skype them is when he's resting and being quiet, so that's about all they ever see. If they could have seen him late last night, they would understand that he's not the quiet little angel that they always see! He truly is a bundle of joy though, even with the rough times.

At this point we're trying to get into a routine and start back to regular life. Melissa went for a walk yesterday with her Mom and I went for a run around the neighborhood. We just needed to get out and get some fresh air. The back screened in porch has been nice too. I think today we might put him in the stroller and take a very brief walk around the neighborhood.

I've got some more pictures of him that I'll upload to the blog soon. Great one a few minutes ago of him right after he fed. He was in "milk heaven"!! Such a cute little guy when he's relaxed and calm.

More to come later...

No comments: