Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Happy 7th Birthday Chase!

Okay, so I am a little behind in writing this but school started the day your turned 7 and I feel like I have been running ever since. Where to begin?

Recap of that last year:

Since this date last year you have started and finished Kindergarten at Franklin Academy. While you had an emotionally tough start to the year, by the end you were rocking and rolling both socially and academically. You are in the top tier in both reading and math classes which means you are learning and moving at a fast pace. By the end of the school year you were working on second grade level math and reading and they say you will move even faster this year! You amaze me with how much you retain and can recall (even the smallest details don't escape your mind).

You completed 2 more seasons of soccer at the Y with Dad as your coach, another season of Y basketball and baseball at North Wake. It is crazy to see how quickly you make progress and work to help those around you. That is probably what gets me the most - how much you are willing to help your teammates. If someone is struggling with a skill or movement, you will take just a few minutes to work with him so he can get better. What you don't realize just yet is that you are making yourself better too. By taking the time to help others, you are having to focus on the details of your own movements and you improve your own play.

Speaking of helping others, you are a crazy big brother. I'm not going to try to pretend that you love them all the time but boy do they love you. They are sad when you go to school in the morning and race to the car when it is time to pick you up. As a matter of fact, Jack misses you so much that he will even sit next to you while you do your homework just so he can be close to you.

You are bigger and faster than you were last year but you still seem like a little boy to me. Of course, that is until you get around your friends and then I am forced to remember that you are growing up right before my eyes. From dancing at the school Sock Hop to swimming laps (yes, multiple laps) at the pool, I can't get over how big you are getting. You are responsible for yourself and work to help those around you and were recognized with a Character Award at school for just that thing.
Football season - Strike the Heisman pose

Fall Festival with Spider-Chase
Chase the Turtle at the Kids' Museum in Winston

Notre Dame/UNC basketball game with Mom and Dad

Wacky hair and shirt day at school

My soccer star

Bath time silliness

Rex Hospital Open with Jarred

Wave pool at Great Wolf Lodge with Daddy

7th birthday cake

Birthday wolves

Turning 7 and starting 1st grade all on the same day!
 Chase,

From the moment they placed you in my arms, I knew that I had been blessed and my life was going to be wonderful. You are constantly on the move and can't seem to sit still, unless you absolutely have to. Your smile lights up the room and melts my heart. Yet, when you sit next to me and rest your head in my lap, all I can see is my little boy. You are growing up so fast and becoming such an amazing young man. I am so proud of all that you do and how well you do it. You show enormous respect for those around you and love to listen and tell stories. For someone so young, you are wise beyond your years. It means the world to your family that you love to spend time with us. From Mom-mom and Pop-pop to Meme and Popi; Nana and Grandma all have their own special relationship with you. Each of your brothers have a way to bond with you that is all their own and you manage to make it happen without anyone feeling left out. While you will always love to spend time with Dad, I know that when push comes to shove, you will always be my guy and I will always be your girl. Don't ever let anyone make you feel less than amazing as you are my world! I love you buddy.

Love, Mom

No comments: