Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Memory for Jack

So this story is for my Jack. And it makes me sad and happy all in the same breath.....

We were at the YMCA yesterday morning, which is our normal morning location unless they are in school. When we arrived, the little boys all were sent directly outside to the playground which was fabulous considering we have been housebound and sick for 48+ hours.

As I was visiting in the lobby with a friend to make the most of my 2-hour daily nursery time, another Mom walked by me and said, "Melissa, they wanted me to let you know that if you were here, Jack is pretty upset. He saw a van that looked like yours leaving the parking lot and thought it was you. He tried to climb the fence to catch up to you."

See, sad and happy in the same breath. Sad that he is entering the phase of his life where he realizes he can leave me, ergo I can leave him too. Happy because it made him sad to think I would leave so he would scale a fence to get to me.

Now people, when I say he tried to climb the fence, I mean it literally. He started out scaling the 4-foot tall concrete block that supports the light standard that is positioned next to the fence. He then got to the top and tried to stretch as far as his little body would stretch to reach the top of the wrought iron fence.

That. Is. Love. And. I. Love. Him. (that much and even more)

For my sweet Jack, know that I will never purposely leave you behind. I will always love you and will always come back to you when it is within my power. Know that you are special and worth coming back for, even in those moments when you make me crazy!




1 comment:

Lindsey - A.K.A Mama Bouchard said...

Oh this made me cry because I can see him doing this and I know of his special love for you. What a special moment fro you to hold onto. Love all those sweet boys!