Monday, June 17, 2013

End of School for Chase and Celebrating Popi's birthday in a special way!

 The end of May had us hopping from one event to the next but they were all full of fun and love, well, one was a little sad in a sense. This year marked Chase's last year at preschool with the YMCA. Next year he will attend a transitional-Kindergarten at St. Francis before heading off to Kindergarten. We have loved the YMCA preschool and have made some amazing friends (both Chase and myself included). While I am sad to see him leave this special place, I know the friends we made will endure past the walls of the preschool. The last day of school was "All About Me - Movie Star" day. Chase specifically asked to wear his Pop-pop hat. This is the style of hat his great-grandfather (my grandpa) wears and he has one just like it. He loves to wear it when he can and we actually had semi-coordinating shorts to match with it. He looks like a little man in this shot and it reminds me that my baby is growing up too fast!

Movie Star day at school


The very next week we got to celebrate Popi's birthday with he and Meme. Of course, while that was exciting in itself for us, what made it even better is that we did it at a Durham Bulls' baseball game with them. This was the first ball game for the triplets and I have to admit I was a little unsure how it was going to work out. But with extra hands (1 adult per kid since Meme and Popi were there with us) I was willing to give it a shot. The boys (all of them) did great! The seats are super close to the field and I think that helps keep their attention a little better. It also forces the adults to focus since there are many close calls with foul balls. We got there early to beat the crowd and take some pictures of the family before getting some hot dogs for dinner and watching the teams warm-up. The weather was perfect and the company even better. We hope Meme and Popi has as much fun as we did! 




Graham was not happy about Wool E. Bull - even though it was fake so Daddy had to be the protector for him!


Waiting for the game to start (J, A, C, G)


After the game J, C, A, G (Graham is still not happy about Wool E. Bull!)

Promise to get an update about June very soon....stay tuned!

1 comment:

Lindsey - A.K.A Mama Bouchard said...

I got to hear all about this visit and they had a blast. Popi's favorite part was letting them drink soda from his cup. Go figure. Meme's favorite part was time with you Melissa and the "running in to shower" story! I must admit I shared your panic and a good laugh over this one. I am counting on you to keep me rolling on the floor through the next 18 years!