Saturday, August 2, 2008

My first "almost" bottle

Written from the perspective of Chase:

So mom decided to go to the gym for some much needed alone time while dad was home with me. Mom had fed me before she left and Dad was working on his computer so I decided to take a nap. I hadn't slept well the night before so it wasn't a hard sell! While Mom was still at the gym, I felt a rumble in my belly and realized that I was kinda hungry so I told dad. He, of course, couldn't really help much, which made me mad so I told him a little longer and a little louder of my displeasure in the situation. Dad called mom who said she was literally on her way home but if he wanted, Dad could get some milk out of the freezer and try to give me my first bottle. Not only my first bottle, but also by himself!

Mom got home and didn't hear me crying and took that as a good sign until.....

she walked up the bonus room stairs and saw the bottle sitting on the coffee table, Dad holding me, and me sleeping! When she asked what happened, Dad explained that before he could get the milk defrosted and into the bottle, I had fallen back asleep.....go figure! So, they have a bottle ready for me to try, but I would have to wake up first!

No comments: